Saturday, October 20, 2007

A day in the life of...

two former beauty queens. Today a former Miss Northern Virginia and Miss Teen Virginia Beach hit up Short Pump Mall in Richmond for a day of shopping! Aka...window shopping & starbucks. My friend, Jaime, and I had a glorious day finding her a pair of "dynamo denin". She came away with a great pair of Joe's jeans. I was her official "guru of glamour" although she certainly doesn't need one. We had way too much fun and my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I think we might have gotten a little carried away...you be the judge.

Strike a pose

"Introducing...Miss Northern Virginia....JAIME CAMPBELLLL!"

Do you love it or do you love it?

The Pied Piper

Candy striper???

Ok...so all was going well and were having a fabulous time. As our day is coming to a close we make our way out to the parking lot. I open my car door and HORROR OF HORRORS:



This was sitting there when I opened my car door! Shock and panic set in all at once! I called Jaime, my former Miss Northern Virginia to the rescue! She came quickly and squealed appropriately. What else does one do when they open their car door to find a tarantula sized spider lurking???!!! Then...some sweet, kind man came over to see what our commotion was all about and ever so kindly got the spider off my car with his car keys. This may seem like an exageration or an overreaction. I swear to you it was neither. This spider was literally the biggest spider I had seen in my life. We were both tramautized at the sight of it and had to go to starbucks immediately to calm our nerves! After the grande triple, non-fat, no whip pumpkin spice latte kicked in we were more collected and could continue our journey home. Whew! Just another day in the life of two FORMER beauty queens :)

1 comment:

Lindsey Burke said...

Geez, are you and Jaime soul-mates or what?? Look at you both, striking those beauty queen poses. Glorious! May I just say that spider was extremely ferocious looking and I think pumping your veins full of caffeine right after that experience was just the ticket! Wish I could have been there.