Thursday, October 11, 2007

It Finally Feels Like Fall!

Fall is in the air...finally! Yesterday it was 90 degrees and today it was low 60s. What on earth? I didn't realize how much I like fall until this year. Maybe it is because I have a home now and I am suddenly interested in pumpkins and making things feel festive. But I also realized my "style" is much more suitable to fall. I think my favorite outfit consists of cowboy boots, cute boot-cut jeans, and a fitted jacket. Fall is the perfect weather for my favorite clothes! I am also looking forward to busting out my pashminas!

As I am writing I am sitting next to my sweet husband and enjoying the fire he built tonight. Yes, our very first fire in our first home. I feel like this is one of those big moments. One of the things I am thankful for is a husband who can just start a fire! We walked in the house and I said something about a fire and he said, "That's a great idea, I'll go get some logs!" and voila...ten minutes later we have a fire! He is just so good with all those "manly" things and I just love it. He's so capable. Sorry, I just had to brag on him. I'm leaving tomorrow for a shopping trip in D.C. with my mom and sister (fun fun fun) and this will be the first time we have been away from each other since we have been married...I'm sad! Anyway, here are some pics from our first fall as a married couple!



THE PUMPKIN...I picked the biggest one I could find! I was so pleased.


Hubs with our pumpkin


Hubs making the fire


The first fire at the Andrews' home

3 comments:

Christa said...

Mallory - we're having girls night and hope you're having fun SHOPPING at Tysons at your own girls night. The pumpkin and fire look awesome.

Lindsey Burke said...

Hi Marta! I hope you enjoy my first post to your blog! Who knows, I may even start one of my own! Anyway, I had such a great time with you at Tysons. It was awesome! I can't wait for you and hubs to come back to VB so that we can have a fire for you at the Burke house and we can sip hot java by the crackling flames! Hopefully the smoke detector won't go off...Love you!

Jaime said...

Did you know that White Barn Candle company actually makes a candle scent called "Fireside" or something like that. Ambience is underrated! Fan it into flame, sister! Love Love Love it.