Monday, March 24, 2008

Italy Part 1: Venice

Ciao Ciao! Even though this is much delayed, I thought everyone would enjoy a full briefing (with pics) of our fabulous Italian Spring Break!

Our first stop was the beautiful, breathtaking Venice, a city on water. Venice was my favorite city in Italy. I was just so taken with the charm and mystique. The absence of cars creates an enchanting, tranquil town. The architecture was phenomenal. Highlights include seeing Saint Mark's square, Rialto Bridge, the Doge's Palace, Saint Mark's Basilica, Napoleon's apartment and the Academy Art Gallery. I learned so much about the history of the ancient Venetian kingdom. It was fascinating.

The one thing I regret already was not taking a gondola ride. My family took lots of tours everyday so when we had a free break, Jackson and I chose to go back to the hotel to take a nap before dinner instead of going on a gondola ride. Oh well, we will just have to come back to Venice for that (before the city completely sinks underwater....so sad). Here are some pics:




















Stay Tuned for Part II, and III!

2 comments:

Kalar said...

See here or here

Campbell Crazies said...

It all looks too good to be true!! You look AMAZING in all these pictures. Such a beautiful couple and family. I'm so pleased to finally see some pictures!! :)