Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cravalicious

I am so excited. I've had my very first pregnancy craving! Here's what happened. At night sometimes I wake up and my stomach is irritated and I have to eat a few saltines and then I can go back to bed. Two nights ago I was thinking how delicious cut up strawberries would taste instead of the nasty dry saltines that turn into a paste in my mouth. I seriously spent the rest of the night dreaming about how amazing strawberries are and how badly I wanted some. I had the exact same feeling last night too and this morning I woke up and said, "I'm getting myself some strawberries!" So I drove to the Whole Foods and got some divine strawberries and promptly gobbled them up. They tasted sooo good. It was like water to my parched soul. It felt so good to eat something that did not involve bread. I am just so pleased that I didn't crave french fries or something. Strawberries are a delightful thing to crave. They also don't load on the pounds. My doctor was very emphatic that I do not gain more than 20-25 pounds. I was A-OK with that! Less to gain, less to lose.

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a very excited first-time pregnant siesta!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

20-25 lbs? Seriously?

While you were buying strawberries at Whole Foods, I was buying dark chocolate fudge sauce (all natural counts for something, right?)... Just promise me you'll top your blissful berries with heavy whipping creme next time, ok?

MeghanDarlson said...

Yea, they tell you 20-25 lbs and then they will yell at you later in the pregnancy when the baby isn't big enough! What a bunch of B.S. eat when your hungry stop when you are full, thats my recomendation and I have gained 12LBS so far and I only have 38 days to go! Sorry for the rant can you tell I am frustrated with my Doc?

Oh and P.S. according to a Fit Pregnancy poll fruit is the number one craved food amongst pregnant women, get this mag it's great.