Monday, April 21, 2008

First Doctor's Appointment

We had our first doctors appointment today and it went great! We absolutely loved Dr. Wolanski and his staff. He made me feel very comfortable and I feel great about him delivering our little bundle. He agreed that my due date would be November 27th, but he said it could easily be an early December baby too. I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant and things are progressing very well. I had some routine blood work done and we will only hear back if something was out of the ordinary.

The best part of the whole appointment was....

HEARING OUR BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!! It was so incredible. Dr. Wolanski warned me that we probably wouldn't be able to hear it at 8 weeks but when he checked my uterus he said it was already tilted up and so he got the doppler out and sure enough our baby's heart was beating away so fast! It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. I started laughing I couldn't contain my joy but when I laughed we couldn't hear the heart so I had to hold it in.

Pregnancy is such an amazing miracle of God! Our baby is only the size of a kidney bean yet it has its own heart and it is beating away. We pray that our child will have a heart for the Lord, the giver of true life. We praise Him for the life of our baby!

Our next appointment is May 19th (12 weeks) and I think we will be getting an ultrasound during that appointment! Yay!

No comments: