Monday, April 7, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon

So much for "feeling fine". The morning sickness has hit! I was talking to my friend Kendra (who is 15 weeks pregnant) at church a couple weeks ago and I was telling her I felt great and she said "wait until six weeks..." She was right! Like clockwork, six weeks rolls around and I start feeling bad, pretty bad. I've found that the nausea is worst when my stomach is empty, which causes me to be grazing on something pretty much constantly. I'm a little concerned all the wheat thins and saltines are going to add up! We'll see. Besides the actual nausea/vomiting, I've just felt kind of yucky all around. I feel kind of achy like I have a fever, but my temperature is normal. I've had a headache off and on. My sleep patterns have been disrupted for the past few nights. And, of course I have to go to the bathroom 24/7.

I've been hearing lots of interesting remedies for the ailments of early pregnancy. One woman swears by saltines and peanut butter, another told me to take ginger capsules. Let me know if you have a trick up your sleeve!

For now...these are my best friend and have a prominent place on my nightstand.


I also might buy these...



Also, I'm trying to see a Certified Nurse Midwife to provide my prenatal care and deliver our baby. I called the office in Charlottesville today and they are calling me back tomorrow. I wanted to do a midwife because of the more personalized, natural approach to childbirth. But don't worry, I'll be delivering in a hospital, not a home birth or anything. I'll keep you posted as things progress!

6 comments:

Fenridal said...

See Please Here

MeghanDarlson said...

I love the floating fetus counter! It is so helpful because sometimes you get so busy and you forget what week you are, especially near the end.

MeghanDarlson said...

Oh, try lemon drops they help with the nausea and low blood sugar. Just keep something in your stomach AT ALL TIMES. Stock up on easy stuff like yogurt, applesauce, jello, pudding cups, cracker and soup. I lived off all those for about 6 to 8 weeks. I am praying for you.

Lindsey Burke said...

If you ever would like to have a niece of your own, I better not be hearing about praying to the porcelain god for the next few months on this blog! Muhaha.

MP3 e MP4 said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

why not a home birth? I hear they are really nice. you can more info about them here: http://www.childbirthconnection.org/

I mean, unless you want to just blow homebirths off as "hippie" or other mean names you call things you don't know anything about (ie. "hocus-pocus")