Friday, May 23, 2008

Baby Update & 13 Week Belly Shot

This past Monday I had my second doctor's appointment with Dr. Wolanski. It was a pretty uneventful one. Everything is looking great. I got to hear the heartbeat again, it's a wonderful sound. I was offered an ultrasound to screen for Downs Syndrome but passed because I'm not at high risk for downs and I'd rather not know at 12 weeks if my baby has downs syndrome. So far I've lost 3 pounds but Dr. W was not worried at all and said I shouldn't even worry about gaining weight I should just eat normally, take my vitamins and exercise. Sweet! According to some calendars, this week (13) marked the beginning of my second trimester but according to others it starts on week 14. Either way, I'm pretty much done with my first trimester...Hallelujah! I'm ready for the "honeymoon period" and of course, finding out if we're having a boy or girl and then getting into nursery mode!

My next appointment will be June 16th, I'll be 16 weeks.

Here is my 13 week belly shot...I'm not showing at all and my clothes aren't even tight. I barely look any bigger than my 6 week picture. I guess it is kind of a blessing in some ways. The belly will come soon enough :)






13 Weeks-Close Up

I'll keep you posted, hopefully my belly will start growing soon and I'll be able to go shopping for fun maternity clothes!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

3 lb loss indeed. You are not winning any blog buddies with posts like this one, siesta! I want ROLLS. FAT ROLLS.

That aside...

Amazing. You're hot. Honeymoon it up, girlfriend!!

MeghanDarlson said...

You look great! The belly will come before you know it.... Enjoy being able to get off the couch on your own soon Jackson will be helping you up. In NO TIME you will feel like an old lady.

Lindsey Burke said...

Looking fab Marta! Keep up those Frank style Father of the Bride II workouts!

Hotlanta Hausfrau said...

I loathe you and your rock hard wombinator abs. Pblpt! A hex is on you Metro Atlanta Rail Transit Authority ;x Marta indeed...

MeghanDarlson said...

mal call me again i lost your number