Friday, May 2, 2008

To: My "Anonymous" Blog Hater

I am practically flattered that my little known blog somehow garnered an "anonymous" reader/hater who commented on one of my recent posts. I, of course, welcome anyone to read my blog but this person left a rather rude comment and I feel I must address it.

"Anonymous said...
why not a home birth? I hear they are really nice. you can more info about them here: http://www.childbirthconnection.org/

I mean, unless you want to just blow homebirths off as "hippie" or other mean names you call things you don't know anything about (ie. "hocus-pocus")"


Dear Anonymous Blog-Stalker/Hater,

I'd like to address why I don't want a home birth and apologize for any negative tone that you perceived. I do not have any problems with someone who wants to pursue a home birth, I'm sure they are lovely. I can see the benefits of giving birth at home and I respect and understand someone's decision to do that. I personally don't want a home birth because I like the comfort of knowing that if something were to "go wrong" during my delivery or if there was a complication, the doctor or midwife have all the modern technology ready and waiting to be used to keep my baby safe. I can't imagine if I had to have a C-section at home. I'm sure they do happen, I'm just not comfortable with that. It is a matter of personal preference. Also, I know the audience I write for, primarily my family and friends, and they would be shocked if I said I wanted a home birth. So, when I wrote my post I was just joking when I said "Don't worry, I'm not having a home birth". I didn't mean anything against someone who choses to have one.

Secondly, you clearly have an issue with my personal feelings on global warming since you said I called it a "mean name" when referring to it as "hocus pocus". I just want to say, my blog is supposed to be funny and light-hearted. I'm not a scholar, I'm not presuming to know everything about global warming, but I have convictions and opinions just like every other person and I think my personal blog is a perfectly appropriate place to share those. If you don't agree with them, that's fine. However, I don't appreciate a rude, anonymous comment on my blog when no one is forcing you to read it. I'm sure there are plenty of blogs out there by Al Gore loving individuals who think the sky is falling for you to enjoy. Mine is clearly not one of them so if you don't like my opinions on global warming and home births, either don't read my blog or comment in a constructive and non-anonymous way. At least have the courage to put your name behind your own opinions.

Finally, I love that because my opinion is different from yours, you assume that I "don't know anything about" the things I write about. To insult someone that you don't know over a silly blog post only reflects poorly on you.

As I said earlier, I write for my friends and family who will surely get a huge laugh out of this post. So, thanks for the blog fodder!

Love to all my blog-haters,

Mallory "I own my opinions" Andrews

7 comments:

Jaime said...

Metro Marta strikes again. Lovely and homebirths should not be paired.

Please forgive your siesta for her anonymous comment. I shall remain nameless until Campbell Crazies is resurrected into her glorified state.

MeghanDarlson said...

You go girl, whoop, whoop!

Lindsey Burke said...

Excellent post Marta! "Anonymous" was sipping on some haterade and needs to stop.

MeghanDarlson said...

11 weeks!! Only 2 more and you will be in your second tri ALREADY. Hopefully you will start feeling better then. As for me, I can no longer bend at the waist and waddle like a duck. GOOD NEWS though I have already started to efface 30% Labor could still be weeks away but hey at least she is getting things going down there.

Lindsey Burke said...

New post please!! Include pictures of the Puggle.

MeghanDarlson said...

WE NEED A NEW BELLY SHOT!! I know there has got to be a little something something there by now!

Jaime said...

Don't make us beg. Siesta! You need to blog it up!!