Thursday, June 26, 2008

Baby Boy!

Jackson and I are going to have a son! Excited doesn't even come close to how we feel. Seeing our little son on the screen today was the most awesome thing I've ever seen. It was such a miracle. He looked so perfect and it made everything seem more "real". I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I feel him moving around because he sure was active!

Everything looked great. His heart looked perfect and strong, his spine looked right, his brain was looking good (from what we could tell). He had all two legs and two arms and cute little hands and feet. Give Him praise! Our friend Cherie who does vascular ultrasounds gave us a freebie so we could find out if it was a boy or girl. I'll have my "official" ultrasound in about a month where they will tell me more about our little boy's health and development.

As far as a pregnancy update, I'm feeling great almost all the time. I have my energy back and I'm just now starting to have a real bump. I'm still fitting into all my clothes and I've only gained 1.5 pounds. I know thats about the change. This little boy is about to start putting some meat on his bones!

The ultrasound pictures uploaded to our computers almost completely black so they aren't any fun to post :( I was so bummed. Here's one of me right before the ultrasound!



Get ready for tons of posting about nursery themes, bedding, clothes etc! Baby boy here we come!

7 comments:

Megan said...

AHHHH!Boy = blue and trucks and sports! I told you I would be anxiously awaiting your announcement from Maine. :) Highlight of the week. Can't wait to see you again, by then you'll have photos. I'm so happy for your little boy!

Oh, and do I see brown hair?!

Lindsey Burke said...

Love it, love it, love it! I knew you were going to have a little boy. 1 down, 7 to go!

THE DARLSON'S said...

Hi Cousin!

A BOY!!!! OH Boy! What a blessing. We are so happy for you. Love the hair too..... see you July!

Megs

Polska Photogirl said...

YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys! That is totally awesome, yall. :D

Jaime said...

Lord,

Set this baby man apart for you alone. Do mighty things in and through him. May your name be praised!

AMEN, siesta!!

THE DARLSON'S said...

BELLY SHOT we need another one!

Lindsey Burke said...

Your blog is getting stale...breathe some fresh air into it with a post...here are some suggestions: baby boy's name, registry info, pictures of your new and improved home. The public needs you siesta!