Thursday, August 28, 2008

3 More Months!

I can't believe it. We only have three months to go before Parks is here with us! And that makes me in my third trimester! Yay! It is really flying by. I am so excited for all the fun things that will happen in the next few months. I have two baby showers coming up which I can't wait for and that will allow me to really get the nursery set up. Right now we just have the crib set up in the room. I can't wait to get started. We start our Childbirth class at Martha Jefferson (our hospital) in late September so that will be exciting too.

I feel like I haven't done much pregnancy blogging lately so I'll give everyone an update. I'm feeling great. I've been sleeping great, eating great, feeling good etc. Nothing to complain about, except occasional heartburn which is really strange for me because I thought only obese people had heartburn but I'll get it like 3 hours after I eat, especially at night. I don't even feel that big or uncomfortable yet. Parks moves alot and it sometimes feels like he is trying to escape! He rolls a lot and I feel his hands/elbows/feet sliding across my stomach. Sometimes the feelings are pretty insane, I wonder what he is up to. Our doctors appointments have been great, non-eventful, and pretty soon I think we will start to move to every two weeks! So far, I've gained 10 pounds so my conservative doctor is pleased and tells me I'm right on track for my 20-25lb total weight gain. I guess Parks will be packing on the lbs in the next couple months. Oh, my doctor also told me that Parks was not "measuring large" at my last appointment so that put me at ease. My doctor said he is following in my footsteps of being more like a 6-8lb baby instead of 9-10. I've been feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then which is kind of cool too.

Jackson told me that I have been much lower maintenance throughout the pregnancy than he had anticipated. I think he was expecting me to be a drama queen and using the pregnancy as an excuse to be treated like a princess. He has been pleasantly surprised and so have I. I haven't felt like the hormones have been out of control or anything too weird has happened with my moods and I haven't had any strong cravings. Praise the Lord!

Alright, consider yourself fully updated on all things Baby Andrews! Here is my 27 week belly shot! There's finally a baby belly after all this time!





Wow, I think I still feel a lot smaller than I look because I think this looks huge!


25 Weeks



20 Weeks


15 Weeks


13 Weeks


6 Weeks

2 comments:

Lindsey Burke said...

You look great Mal! Can't wait to see you next week!

Megan said...

please journal all your secrets of how to remain skinny while pregnant and give it to me later.