Monday, September 8, 2008

Youth Pastor's Wife

So being the Youth Pastor's wife, lately I've been getting used to:

-Driving to church alone and sitting alone in church...(I have a new respect for pastor's wives who do this every Sunday, especially with kids)
-My husband's cell phone blowing up with text messages from teenagers (boys and girls) about their sports game and life issues
-Our dinner conversations revolving around good icebreakers for youth group
-Always having brownie mix in my pantry to whip up an impromptu dessert for a youth event or community group meeting at our house

I really don't think anything could have prepared me for what ministry is like. So far, it has been a mixture of blessings and trials. I've learned that spiritual warfare is real and that ministry is not for the fainthearted. There have been times when I have questioned if I can do it or if ministry is "for me". But, God always gives us grace sufficient for the need and reassures me we are right where He wants us. Bottom line, I love our Portico family and love doing life with these people. We are blessed indeed!

Here are some pictures from the Connect overnight trip to Smith Mountain Lake:




1 comment:

Jaime said...

James 1, sister. May you always remember that life is to be LIVED. Wear yourself out for Jesus, He is so worth it.

You are such a blessing to our church! Thank you for laboring via brownie batter, sitting alone, etc. The kingdom is expanding one batch at a time. :)

AND- streamline the thang. We can't do a thousand things to the glory of God. I pray that He will make certain your strategic service.

You may not be able to do this- but HE can!!