Friday, October 31, 2008

36 Weeks Doctor's Appt Update!

I feel like it has been forever since I've given everyone a pregnancy update! I cannot believe my baby ticker is finally in month 9! It is crazy, Parks will be here sooo soon! Jackson and I are over the moon excited.

Today I had my 36 week doctor's appoint with Dr. Wolanski. He did an internal exam which was really exciting and I am making some progress! Here's what's going on:

I'm 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and Parks is at -1 station (see visual below).





This by no means indicates that labor is imminent but it sure was fun to hear that my body is definitely getting ready for labor.

Dr. Wolanski said that Parks is still head down, is about 5lbs and will be probably right under 7lbs at delivery. He also said that I would most likely deliver before my due date and that I probably will not go past my due date! Hallelujah!

I was so happy with my appointment today and I am getting so excited for Parks to get here. I think I'm officially "nesting" and have found a sudden desire to do things that I would never have wanted to do like organize our closets and clean the bottom of our trashcans. Strange huh? Everything for Parks is ready to go. All his clothes, sheets, blankets, etc are washed and folded. I'm going to get our car seat installed at the Fire Station this coming week. I'm also going to pack my hospital bag. And then...just wait. Wait for our sweet baby boy to get here.

Belly shot coming soon!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

An internal exam should never be really exciting, siesta. I'm remembering a convo at Zinc and am slightly concerned. Not really. That's all I have to say.

It is criminal that I have YET to see ANY baby paraphenalia. These things should not be. You must invite me over at once to behold your nest. I am so pleased that I might get to see him before Thanksgiving!!

Cheers to Mrs.Myers!

Mallory said...

Agreed...an internal exam should never be described as "exciting". Please have mercy on a excited first time preggo siesta.

You have an open invitation to stop by and behold the nest anytime you please!

THE DARLSON'S said...

Hey Cousin! 37 weeks wow! We need a new belly shot! I can't believe little Parks will be here SO SOON. I can't wait to hear the news that you are in labor..... make sure your Mom calls Grams so I can know to pray for you and that sweet little boy.

Meghan

Teri said...

I agree with Meghan. We need a belly shot, preferably a covered belly shot. My doula bag is almost ready to go.

Lindsey Burke said...

Please do a new post with a belly shot! Although I second Bertha on the clothed part.