Saturday, November 29, 2008

Parks Jackson Andrews

Jackson here - The big day finally arrived! Our baby Parks is here and he is perfect. Mallory and Parks are doing great. She went into labor Thursday night around 10PM, and Parks was born 26 hours at 11:44PM on November 28th. Mal was AWESOME. She got all the way to 10cm and pushed for an hour and a half with no meds; however, after that hour and a half Parks hadn’t moved at all. That’s when our doctor and Mallory agreed it was time for plan B. Mallory received a pitocan driop and an epidural at 10PM, allowing her to sleep and rest for an hour and a half, while at the same time giving her stronger contractions to help push Parks down. At 11:30PM she started to push again and then Parks was born at 11:44PM!! Parks was 7 pounds 14 ounces and 20.5’’ long. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. He and Mallory are both resting and recovering well. Enjoy the pics of our first 24 hours with Parks.




10 comments:

Grams said...

He is soooo beautiful. I can't believe how big he looks. He looks like Adalie looked at 3 months. You did a great job, Mallory and Jackson and you especially, Mallory, "getting him here"! Congratulations and PTL.

Teri said...

I just enjoy staring at him. What a miracle. What a precious family. I'm already a very proud grandmother.

Emily said...

Congratulations! What a gorgeous baby. I am so impressed that you were able to go for so long, Mallory, without an epidural. I know that it is not an easy task. I think you made a great decision to get one for the pushing, though, because it relaxes your body so much it probably allowed him to drop down fast. I hope that you all enjoy your hospital stay and get to go home soon with him. What a cutie he is!!!

THE DARLSON'S said...

WOW!! He is a beautiful baby boy! I cannot believe the amount of gorgeous brown hair he has.... I only wish Addie had that much so I could put a bow in it! I love the pic of you Mal holding Parks I can't believe your a Mommy! PLEASE POST MORE PICS ASAP! Love you all. Congrats!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little guy!

amy williams said...

dearest mallory and jackson, congratulations! hillery sent me this email and im simply thrilled for you. parks is absolutely beautiful and one lucky little boy to have you both as his parents. many many hugs, mrs williams

amy williams said...

dearest mallory and jackson, congratulations! hillery sent the email to me and i am simply thrilled for you. what an absolutely gorgeous baby...but no surprise there! this is one very lucky little boy to have you both as his mommy and daddy. with many hugs and good wishes, mrs williams

ClaireWilliams said...

He's beautiful!! Congratulations! I'll be checking back for more pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Mallory,
Parks Jackson is beautiful and sooooo big!
Congradulations to you and your sweet husband.
I read your blog often and enjoy it very much.
God bless your sweet little family,
Barbara Eddings
Titusville, Florida

Anonymous said...

Funny that you wrote about Parks in a blog entry exactly one year before he was born :)