Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blonde & Beckham

***UPDATE***
I am LOVING the hair feedback, keep it coming! I also wanted to clarify that hubs was being totally sweet during this whole conversation and was NOT making me feel like I was house frau who needed to look like Posh Spice :) I just know I'm going to get some "anonymous" comment about how horrible it is that I would "submit" and "respect" my husbands request that I get a posh haircut. SO, I don't want to hear it blog-haters!

*************************

Hello blogosphere!

Prepare yourself for a random post. Last night I watched Miss America. I watch it every year and this year I knew two contestants. Miss New York is a girl that I used to do some musical theater with growing up and we were also in a teen pageant together in Louisiana, she also went to UVA. Miss Indiana (who won Miss America) was also in that same teen pageant. She won that pageant too and I was 2nd runner up. Coolio.

So, Jackson watched the pageant with me and it was so funny to hear his opinion on the girls and their dresses and hairstyles etc. As we were watching Jackson starts mentioning that he really likes some of the girls hairstyles. I agreed with him that they were really cute and kept watching. Jackson continues to discuss the hairstyles and then asks how much a hair cut like that would cost. I said around $50. He volunteers to watch Parks on Monday so I can go get a haircut. At this point I got the hint loud and clear that my husband thinks I need a haircut! I guess all the ponytails and messy buns have taken their toll on my sweet hubby.

THEN...he goes on to ask about highlights!! I am thinking woah woah woah I just dyed my hair BROWN to be more ECONOMICAL! I am a stinking chameleon! It's brown, blonde, brown, blonde. Well the truth has finally come out...hubs prefers me BLONDE! Gasp! And you know me, the submissive wife that I am, if the hubs likes it blonde...I will respect his wishes :) Because Jackson and I are both visual, he does a google search of a certain someone and proceeds to tell me he thinks this hairstyle is way hot...




INDEED...if we all could look like Posh Spice right?

Needless to say, we might be crunching some numbers in our budget to afford a Posh Spice hair do for the new mommy!

Most of you have seen me through blonde stages and brunette stages. I need your opinion and please be honest. Do YOU prefer me with blonde or brown hair??

11 comments:

Lindsey Burke said...

I think you look beautiful with both of course BUT if you have a choice my vote would be for you to go BLONDE! I think the blonde hair accents your skin tone and looks really gorgeous.

THE DARLSON'S said...

My vote is how your hair was at my wedding & while you were engaged.... I think it looks the best on you. It was a lighter brown with blonde/carmelish highlights. I think when you go too blonde it washes you out, since you are naturally brunette. But I say lighten it up a bit for sure.... look back at your engagement pics or pictures from my wedding and you will see what I am trying to describe.... you looked perfect. Oh and PS as a new momma myself I LOVE my hair short it is SUPER EASY!

Grams said...

Definitely blonde. But not like your high school grad pic. I agree with Meghan about the color at her wedding. You'll even be more stunning than Posh Who?

christa said...

I have now viewed all 52 contestants for the Miss America pagent and can not determine which haircut most looks like Posh's. Miss Texas? I had no idea of your pagent participation - I must hear more!

Megan said...

I think you are a blonde all the way, to me it just seems more "YOU". I love the posh spice haircut too. However, as a veteran of short hair, I will say you have to be prepared for it to look funky if you don't have time to style it...that's the one good thing about being able to put it in a pony tail.

Megan said...

PS...that pic of Posh and her tot looks like you and Parks in a few years!

LindseyStrickland said...

Looks like I'm alone in liking the dark hair! I think short, dark hair is very chic and stylish. You can also get more shine with darker hair.
Do whatever makes you feel pretty. There's my 2 cents :)

Megan said...

By the way, you better post a pic of this new haircut ASAP!

Jaime said...

BLONDE. WEDGE. DO IT!!!

And of course, I too watched the pageant. Miss NY was darling. I can cook, indeed. Loved the hair. I was so pained with the via dolorosa. She looked like the lead character from the Notebook, yes? My world has come full circle. Pregnant with my second baby, no makeup, sweatpants, on the freaking couch "watching" the pageant. Sigh. Those girls were enough to send any hous frau to the nearest salon! Loved it though...

hillery said...

hmm...."submissive wife that i am" well we all know me, SWAG major that i am, im not too happy with that comment BUT i understand what youre saying. im torn, i agree that dark hair tends to be a bit strong but that too blonde may wash you out... i think your engagement pictures are fantastic..light brown. although, that pic of you and jax in italy you look fab as well. arrrggggggg, if i had to pick, dirty blonde. not too blonde though! xx

Megan said...

ARE YOU BLONDE YET????