Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Move

I think everyone knows this already, but I'll just make it official to the blogosphere...we're moving. Yes folks, the Andrews Fam is hitting the road on March 1, and will reside in Virginia Beach. The move truly is bittersweet for me. I am excited for what God has in store for our family and especially for Jackson as he pursues a new career in construction and construction management. However, Charlottesville has been my home for over four years and I've made so many memories here. This where I began my married life, bought my first house, truly became part of a church family as an adult, and had my first baby. So, as happy as I am to go back to my first home, a big part of me is sad to leave this home. I will miss my friends, I will miss the beautiful mountains that I get to see, I'll miss the glorious Martha Jefferson hospital where Parks was born and I'll miss Portico. It would be hard to put into words the impact Portico and our church family has had on Jackson's and my life. We have been discipled, mentored and guided in our walk with the Lord there and have grown so much. I am so thankful that God put us there at that time in our life. It's going to be very hard to find a church that "measures up" to what we love about Portico.

So, please pray for us and our big transition. I might be a little MIA from the blogosphere while we pack, move and get settled.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I didn't know the news! It will be great to have you back in the 757. Ryan and I really want to meet Parks! We will keep you in our prayers.

Katie Hatcher said...

Yay! I'm so excited! We will have to do play dates. I showed Brooke the pictures you posted of Parks, and she smiled and waved her hands around and smiled some more. I think she is smitten.

Jaime said...

I will miss my siesta! Life is faithful to bring change, always. Can't wait to see what God has in store for you all down the road. Let us know how we can help. Praying for you!

Megan said...

Oh Marta, such sad but exciting change. I will miss your beautiful little family so much! Tell Parks I'm excited for Friday and he had better be in a cuddly mood.

christa said...

We will have to rendezvous in Williamsburg! In the meantime, I will stay a committed fan of your blog.