Saturday, April 11, 2009

bald spots...and not on my baby

I'm sitting downstairs this morning and my hair is in a ponytail and my mom proceeds to point out that I now have two bald spots thanks to post-partum hair loss. Me: "Really? Bald spots?!?!?! Aren't babies the ones that are supposed to have bald spots?" I ran to a mirror to see for myself and it's true! Luckily, they aren't visible when my hair is down but it still begs the question, why, Lord, why? It's all hard enough already and to have bald spots on top of it all? It's more than one should have to handle...there's nothing like motherhood to humble you.

6 comments:

THE DARLSON'S said...

Are they around your forehead area? On the sides? If so I had the same thing happen when Adalie was about 4 months I was losing a lot of hair when I shampooed and brushed too. I tried this shampoo and conditioner called Nioxin it is suppose to help with hair thinning and boy did it work! I now have some much new hair growth it is hard to tame! I got it at the salon attached to a Walmart.

mallory said...

Yes! That is exactly where it is! I can't wait to try that shampoo. Thanks for the recommendation!

Megan said...

Hmmm....rethinking motherhood. I sound selfish. Maybe that's God's way of telling me to hold off. :)

Grams said...

Scary! I'm going to try Nioxin for myself! I could use some help! Love you girls and your good ideas that even help us "older" folks.

Megan said...

I am getting them too...disgusting!

esther lee said...

I thought this was some interesting information on pregnancy/post-pregnancy and hair loss.

Also include some good tips on nutrients to make sure are in your diet.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/hairloss.html