- I welcome anyone to read this blog. I enjoy reading other people's blogs that I have not personally met and will continue to keep this an open blog.
- The purpose of this blog is to be a place to share my life, pictures, thoughts, stories and opinions. When I write, I'm thinking of my friends and family. These are the primary people with whom I discuss my blog and they are often my inspiration.
- I have a Christian/Biblical worldview and that serves as the premise for my writing. I enjoy talking with those who share different views, but will not apologize for and defend my opinions on this blog ad nauseam.
- I welcome constructive, respectful comments and will attempt to answer all comments, even those who hold a different view. However, the purpose of this blog is not for me to spend all day defending my beliefs to people who are just looking for an argument.
- I will no longer allow anonymous posting.
- I will enable the "comment moderation" feature so I will approve comments before they appear on the blog. This is not to silence those that don't agree with me at all; I welcome different views. However, I will not accept comments that are rude or include a personal attack on me or someone else. My blog is mostly funny and upbeat, and when I do write about something more serious, I always want to keep the tone respectful.
I'll conclude with a few thoughts on how I approach blogging. I read blogs of people I like. I enjoy what they write and often find it encouraging or inspirational or just funny. I don't understand reading and commenting on a blog that you profoundly disagree with. I write from a Christian worldview and if you don't share that, you probably will disagree with much of what I write. That is ok. I'm thankful that blogs can be a way of sharing opinions and learning from others. I want to make it clear that I welcome people with different views to visit my blog and comment. However, if my writing is going to continually be a burr in your side and you will find it difficult to comment respectfully, I recommend that you don't read my blog for your own well-being. Otherwise, enjoy! I look forward to more great discussions.