Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Five months of joy!




Parks is five months old as of yesterday!  He continues to be a delightful baby.  It is really fun to see his personality start to develop.  I can tell he loves to laugh and play.  He already has a good sense of humor. He is very active with a high energy level.  He constantly tries to "swim" as we are holding him.  It has become his signature move.  Apparently Jackson had lots of energy as a youngster as well and was nicknamed "Sparky" because his family said he had an extra spark plug.  Parks is pretty easily frustrated and doesn't like it when he can't grab his toys the right way or when he drops a toy. Hmmm, I wonder who he gets that from :)?  He doesn't like to sit still in any of his bouncers, jumperoos etc for very long, he likes to be on the move.  I have been a little envious at times of my friends with "laid back babies" who sit contentedly in a bouncer with their paci for 30 minutes straight. Parks sitting contentedly in any apparatus for longer than 5...okay maybe 10 minutes is a figment of my imagination.  He still doesn't take a paci or suck his thumb.  I fall more in love with him each day.  He is such a fun baby.  I wouldn't trade him for anything!



Something about this picture reminds me a little bit of Jackson

His bathtub makes the perfect seat while we are in our room

his usual self
sweet face
heeey!
Guess what? We started rice cereal yesterday.  For his first time, it went really well, I think we got about half of it down the hatch and he seemed to be intrigued.  We will try again tonight.  I figured it was an appropriate way to celebrate his Five Month Birthday! The pictures aren't great, but who cares. 


What is this? 
life as a mother, always multi-tasking


4 comments:

Megan said...

I love the pictures. It's amazing that he is 5 months old already. I'm glad to see the tub is still useful! :)

christa said...

and he'll be crawling soon! :-) I think his cuteness more than makes up for his plethora of energy!

Jaime said...

I love the swimming thing. He is so big! :) Can't wait to see him again, hopefully soon!

Grams said...

Love the pictures. He is so adorable. Can't wait to see him and hold him this weekend.