Monday, April 6, 2009

The Peasant Princess

I just have to share this gem Jackson and I absolutely love. Mark Driscoll, Lead Pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, WA, is one of our favorite teaching pastors. We watch the videocast for his sermons often. In the fall of 2008, he began a series called "The Peasant Princess" on the Song of Solomon. It is the best teaching on love, sex, marriage, dating, roles of men and women I have heard. Jackson and I look forward to sitting down together and watching these whenever we get a chance, which means when Parks is sleeping :) I would recommend this to anyone, married, single, dating whatever. It is such sound biblical teaching on a topic the church too often shys away from. I only wish I had seen it sooner. This series will open your eyes to God's plan for dating, love, marriage and sex and it might suprise you! Mark Driscoll's style is so relevant, engaging and humorous I can almost guarantee you will enjoy watching him. I have put the first sermon out of 10 below. If you choose to watch it I hope you be blessed by it as we have been! For more of the Peasant Princess series or other sermons from Mars Hill click here.

6 comments:

esther lee said...

I'm excited to start listening! We can never get enough, especially when it has to do with relationships.

I've just started a great book, Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas, with some incredible knowledge and wisdom. You might like to check it out.

Megan said...

Hey! Gary Thomas is a good friend of the Dauberts, he gave us a copy of his Sacred Marriage daily Devotionals. It is really good!

Mal, I love this, keep listing things that I should read and hear. :)

christa said...

This is what I have been listening to back and forth to Richmond! It is such an awesome series. I need to check out the video - I am sure his facial expressions are priceless.

Jaime said...

Represent, siesta! Gotta love it. Isn't that title package freakish though?

mallory said...

Esther- Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check that out. I'm always looking for good marriage material.

Jaime- Yes, it is very freakish. I should have warned the readers not to be scared away by the weird anime video involving romping deer and techno music.

joan said...

i can't wait to be done with my exam so that i can get started on this series!