Friday, April 17, 2009

Skinny Jeans: Not Just for Stick Figures!


So I have been avoiding skinny jeans for over a year now.  I swore to myself that "I just wasn't the skinny jean type".  I'm not one of those tall, lean people who look awesome in skinny jeans.  I'm only 5'3 and I always figured skinny jeans would make me look short and stumpy and just overall unflattering.  On Monday I went shopping with my mom (who is very fashion savvy) and she insisted that I give the skinnys a try.  I was shocked...they actually looked good!  They were surprisingly flattering!  I purchased my first pair of skinnys on Monday and have been proudly sporting them since.  

The early months of motherhood can make you feel like you are in a serious fashion rut.  Your hair is often in a ponytail, you go for days with no makeup, and when you are wearing clothes instead of pajamas, they are often cotton with spit up on them.  I have two sisters (both with no children) who are very fashionable and chic and I was starting to feel like a total house frau when I was around them.  In a moment of despair, I told my little sister I should be on "What Not To Wear".   I knew I had to do something to get myself out of this rut and quick.  I am proud to announce that I have recently rediscovered my inner fashionista!  The moral of this post is...don't write off skinny jeans or anything else you think won't look good on you.  Be adventurous and at least try it on, you might be pleasantly surprised! 

6 comments:

THE DARLSON'S said...

WHat brand did u buy?

Lindsey Burke said...

Love this post! You are looking so fiesty in your skinny jeans. I am looking to incorporate a few more pairs of those into my wardrobe as well. Skinny jeans and chic flats are two holes in my wardrobe i think. I second cousin's question though, what brand did you buy because they are fabu!

mallory said...

They are actually "White Hot Skinny" from BP at Nordstrom. They are very reasonably priced unlike most of the other jeans I like.

Para Coffee said...

Thank you so much for you comment! Love for you to put a link! : ) Hope you both are doing well with baby in tow! I'm sure you're the most beautiful mother.

Jaime said...

Skinny jeans look good on you because you are skinny, siesta. That's all there is to it. I would look like a top spinning out of orbit.

Grams said...

I'm glad you're back, Fashionista. You were the "Queen of Fashion"!