Parks, meet Savannah. The world's most unbalanced canine there is. This dog would make Cesar Milan run for cover. Savannah's neuroses are in large part due to the fact that her owners (my parents) don't think Savannah is a dog. They think she is their fifth child. There is even a large oil painting of Savannah in their house. Let me give you some examples of her "issues":
- She barks incessantly at any person coming to our house.
- She refuses to socialize with other dogs and people she does not know.
- She basically has a small circle of trust and she only lets family and people that have been around a long time into her circle. If you are not in her circle and try to get friendly, she may give you a nip to tell you to back off.
- She refuses to be around other dogs so my parents get a mobile doggie groomer lady come to our house to groom her privately.
- When she gets nervous, she shakes. I'm talking fully body convulsions. She does it when music is loud or when she goes on my parent's boat. She has to take sedatives.
- When she shakes, my mother carries her around in a sling. Yes, like a baby sling.
- She doesn't walk after 9 pm (?!!!) She must be carried.
- If you make her mad, she will "bake a brownie" in your room to teach you a lesson.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. I actually tried to submit Savannah for "The Dog Whisperer" show on NatGeo but they only are accepting applicants from Texas and California. I was seriously disappointed. Please Cesar, take this special case from Virginia...you won't be sorry!