Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Perfect Day of Meals

This post is inspired/stolen from my friend Megan who blogs at The Megosphere and at The Rathbone Family. She did a post where she asked her readers if they could pick their favorite meals from anywhere, what three meals or snacks would they choose? Such a fun idea!

Here's my day of perfect meals:


Breakfast:
Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes (the ones my Mom makes) with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Real Maple Syrup and Freshly brewed Illy Coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice.



Morning Snack:
Grande, non-fat, no whip, white chocolate mocha from the Bucks, of course.



Lunch:

Dos Steak Tacos from Tijuana Flats, fully loaded, with the "Smack My Sweet A** and Call Me Sally" sauce drizzled on top. Diet Pepsi to drink. Yum!




Afternoon Snack:
More Illy coffee and a slice of Bertha's pound cake or carrot cake, both are divine.



Dinner:
Barefoot Contessa's Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola sauce, Mashed butternut squash, herb yeast rolls, spinach salad and a nice glass of Silver Oak. Perfection!


What is YOUR favorite day of meals or just a favorite meal? Let the mouth-watering begin!


P.S. Bertha is my mom's oh-so-affectionate nickname :)

10 comments:

Megan said...

Wow I am so proud I inspired your blog...your menu sounds delightful!

THE DARLSON'S said...

Your menu sounds AMAZING!! This would be a day I would have to run 10 miles to burn off at least half the calories :)

THE DARLSON'S said...

Oh and I've never heard of illy coffee where do you get it?

mallory said...

Illy is an Italian coffee and you can find it at most grocery stores, definitely at a more upscale store. They even sold it at the Giant in Charlottesville. It is a little expensive, like $13 for a can, but it is the smoothest, richest coffee I have ever tasted. It's worth the price every now and then!

THE DARLSON'S said...

mmmm whats your favorite kind? I'm going to try it. Do you buy pre ground or grind it yourself?

mallory said...

I buy pre-ground "fine grind" b/c i don't have a grinder. I bet it would be even better if you buy the whole beans and then grind it fresh yourself.

ClaireWilliams said...

I enjoyed this post and I LOVE your new background on your blog. ;)

Grams said...

Girl, you sure know how to eat! Can we have it all when I come for Lindsey's graduation or maybe Shannon's graduation??? Gosh, even one of those meals would be super!

THE DARLSON'S said...

I found the coffee at Safeway across the street :) 13.99!! But we are coffee fanatics and drink it every day so it's worth the splurge. I cannot wait to try it in the AM :)

Megan said...

Good golly I feel heavier after reading that. Does Bertha-G want to give some cooking/baking tutorials?