Tuesday, June 16, 2009

date night

Jax and I enjoyed a lovely date night tonight. We don't get out very often with a little one so when we do we like to make the most of it. Our date started with a counseling session that we got paid for. Yes, we got paid to go to counseling, it was sweet! My sister, Lindsey, just got her masters in counseling and some of her colleagues needed to do "community counseling" where they basically practice their skillz on a couple. If you go to three sessions, you get paid $100. So we signed up and it was actually really fun. Tonight was out last night and I must say, I think everyone could benefit from some counseling now and then.

So after our counseling sesh we had a yummy dinner at:



Then split a dessert at:


This was a total throwback for me as it was the only place me and my bff Bryceleigh used to go in highschool when we had nothing else to do.

Then we finished off the night at a club...oops I mean:

We're parents...remember! :)

We had a super fun time and really enjoyed getting out just the two of us....but of course, we missed our little man and couldn't wait to get back to him. Thanks to Bertha G for watching him!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Marta, I'm glad you got to have a date night. Was it like the old times or better, now that you are parents?

Hmmm VA Beach has a cpk AND a coldstone......it really sounds like a great place to live.

Bryceleigh said...

Thanks for the shout out doofis. I do miss the coldstone days. I hope it was as yummy as it was years ago and that you gave them a tip and sang along :)

THE DARLSON'S said...

sounds like a great night to me :)

Claire Helena said...

Sounds like you two had a fun "parents-night out" ;)