Tuesday, July 28, 2009

dogs in the hood


It has come to my attention that there is a vicious dog in our my parents neighborhood that happens to live at a house I run past almost every day with Parks. This dog has attacked my dad twice when he is running (luckily the owner has run out and stopped the dog from doing any major harm). When my dad told me about this dog I was seriously upset. I had been running totally un-armed and unable to protect myself and Parks! I knew that I would need to run armed from now on....what would be my weapon of choice?

At first, I looked for mace/pepper spray. I couldn't find any. So, I went to the next best place...the garage. I figured I could find some sort of weapon in there...and I did. Watch out fido!


perfect size
note the serrated edge...


I have no idea what purpose this tool serves, but for now, it rides in my jogging stroller with me. I hope the other mothers at the park didn't see this and think I was an ax murderer.


So the moral of the story is lock up your aggressive dogs, because they just might run into a mother like me...and there isn't anything I wouldn't do to protect this little face...


3 comments:

ashley b. said...

If this dog ever comes at you, I would SO call animal control. Dogs should not be able to run around if they could possibly cause harm to a human. They should be on a leash or behind a fence! I LOVE animals, but there is NO need for aggressive dogs that have owners that even give their pet a CHANCE to attack someone. The owner needs to take responsibility for this animal and not let him roam around!

P.S. That saw/ax looking thing will DEFINITELY protect you and little Parks! Good choice of weaponry.

Betty said...

Mallory - A better weapon would be a squirt bottle of vinegar or amonia. Either one, shot straight into a dog's face, would stop him in his tracks. The problem with the hacker you show is that you'd have to be within biting distance to use it. Just a thought.

mallory said...

Haha Betty...great idea! I thought the same thing about my 'hacker'. I'll get a squirt bottle of vinegar for my next run!