Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jury Duty




Am I the only freak in the world who actually gets excited when summoned for jury duty???

I got a letter in the mail this week asking me to fill out a survey because I am being put in a pool of potential jurors. I was legitimately excited. Of course, I thought about Parks and then I knew I wouldn't be able to participate and I was a little bummed. The thought of sitting in a court room and getting to help execute justice really thrills me. What this says about my personality I'm not sure. I just know I was excited about jury duty and I'm pretty sure that is not a normal reaction...


How do you feel about jury duty? Is anybody with me?

5 comments:

Megan said...

I got called too and I was so excited that I was living in NoVa so I wouldn't have to come down to VB and do it. The thought of jury duty makes me wanna cry. Mal, I think you should go to law school, you would be really good at it

Lindsey Burke said...

That is so funny Marta! I am actually really bummed that I have been eligible for jury duty for years now but have never even gotten so much as a notice saying I was in a potential "pool" of jurors. It's been a secret wish of mine to be a juror for a long time. I think courtrooms are fascinating. Maybe it's in the genes?

esther lee said...

It's not like the movies.

It's really boring. Not because I've actually HAD jury duty, but because I worked in Norfolk Courts the summer after high school.

I was summoned but was glad to have been living in Charlottesville at the time. They were even going to try and 'postpone' it so I changed my address with the DMV.

Jaime said...

Siesta. You ARE an ENT "J" right? :)

Grams said...

Oh, I am with you! I have always wanted to be called and the only time I was called was when Grandma was living with us, so I knew I couldn't do it. I was so disappointed. I would love it.