8.5 months has FLOWN by! People aren't kidding when they say it goes fast. Goodness gracious! I have been slacking on my Parks' updates lately so here is a whole post dedicated to him, my precious baby boy!
Here are some new things he is doing:
- He can now go from laying down to sitting up and back to laying down all by himself.
- He can reach for objects to his sides and basically get to anything he wants by turning and reaching and sliding, etc.
- He has crawled!! He is not a full blown crawler, we are probably a week or two away from that. But he will get up on all fours, and take about 2 "crawls" for a toy and then stop.
- His mobility has drastically increased from 7 months. When he combines all his new skills he can pretty much get to whatever he wants whether it be but scooting, sliding, reaching, lunging, or pseud0-crawling.
- He has stood up in his crib all by himself by pulling up! I've only seen him do this once.
- He has three teeth!! Two bottom teeth and one top tooth! Teething hasn't been that bad. No night waking, just some crankiness during the day every now and then. Thank goodness for tylenol and baby orajel!
- He is still taking 2 naps a day. About 1.5 each.
- He sleeps about 11.5 hours at night total. 7:30-7:00ish. He is still waking at about 5:00 am and I go in a nurse him and he sleeps for another two hours. I am planning on cutting this out soon. I figure I"ll have to once I start weaning him which will be a few more months.
- He eats solids 3x a day and is really loving trying new foods. He is a wonderful eater with great table manners (thanks to Babywise II: Parenting Your Pre-Toddler). He nurses 4x a day. He now drinks apple juice a couple times a day as well.
Parks is up from his nap, gotta go! Sorry the pictures are kinda blurry, I'm working on my photography (or lack thereof) skills.