Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Random Grocery Store Convo

Checking out at Farm Fresh today with Parks....

Random Lady (with a foreign accent): Awww what a cute baby! What's his name?

Me (with a smile): Parks

RL: Paaark?

Me: Like "I'm going to the Park" but with an "S"

RL (looking confused and somewhat strange): Did you make that up??

Me: It's actually a family name (which it actually is...we discovered Parks has a great great great great grandfather named Henry Parks).

RL: Ohhh.

**Random Lady Leaves and Random Old Man comes up behind me who heard our conversation**

Random Old Man: Your baby is cute. You know what? People with unusual names have a much higher rate of being sucessful than people with ordinary names! My name is Rembrandt!!!

Me: Oh thank you, haha :)


That man made my day!


3 comments:

Megan said...

Hilarious. Don't you love older people? I'm glad RL thought Parks was cute. :)

Grams said...

I love the old man. Parks will surely be successful!

Jaime said...

I can see this exchange. Hysterical, I love it!