Friday, October 2, 2009

10 months old





Dear Parks,

You are rapidly approaching 12 months and I can't believe how fast it is going. It has been my greatest joy to watch you grow these past 10 months. You are so much fun! Right now you love it when I pick you up in the laundry basket and carry you around. You just giggle and laugh! You also LOVE seeing Daddy come home from work and you've said "Dada" a couple times, although you're not consistent and we're not sure you really know what you're saying. You can sign "more" and boy do you! You love to eat your finger foods and I think you would sign "more" until your belly exploded. When you are all done you raise both your hands up high in the air and arch your back.

You still look so sweet when I come to get you after a nap or in the morning. You smile and then you crawl around in your crib like you want me to chase you. You are really into pulling up on anything and everything. You would rather do that than play with toys. You also like to play rough. You like to slap things and push things around, a true boy! Your daddy is excited when you can wrestle with him.

You are making new friends at MOPS, church and playgroup. You're doing great in the nursery and I think you like being around other babies. You enjoy playing "chase" with other crawling babies. You're still very social and on your best behavior when we are out and about. I try to find some way to get us out of the house because you like adventure and activity. You don't like to sit at home, and I can't blame you.

Well, my dearest son, that's you in a nutshell at 10 months old. You're an absolute blast and it's a privilege to be your mommy.

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be...

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Megan said...

Look at his cheeks!

That song makes me happy. :)

Bryceleigh said...

I dont know if you think the same...but second picture down he sort of resembles shannon when she was little..."it looks that way to me"

ps-lovely letter...he's fortunate to have you :)