Friday, December 11, 2009

Blogging Break

I'm sorry about my absence from the blogsphere for a couple weeks. I simply have not been inspired to write anything. I've tried uploading a couple videos of Parks walking but somehow my "upload video button" in the compose section has totally disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea how to upload videos now.

It's also Christmas season and people are getting busy, I've noticed I'm not the only one on a blog break.

So here's a little random update on our life:

-We now have a walking, babbling ONE year old TODDLER. Sometimes I can't believe he's actually one and officially a toddler. It's crazy! He absolutely adores playing outside and has already gotten grass stains on a few pants and has taken to eating mulch and dirt...a true boy right?!

-Jackson and I are excited for our first Christmas morning in our house! We've always lived away from family so we've stayed at their house for Christmas but this year since we live near my parents we get to wake up in our house on Christmas morning! This will be a fun little first for our family especially with Parks.

-Jackson and I are contemplating a mini-vacation for our three year anniversary. We're thinking about taking a long weekend and driving somewhere to just relax and enjoy our anniversary. Any ideas or suggestions of nice, relaxing (fairly inexpensive!) destination spots?

-I did my first semester of MOPS and Bible Study this year with Parks. I've learned this: if I'm going to put Parks in childcare the thing I'm going to better be really, really worth my time. I'm not sure yet if I will do either of these again in the spring semester.

-My dad's campaign is going great. It's got momentum and we've been getting some great press. The "primary" will likely be May 8th. My whole family has been helping out a lot, I love that it is a family affair.

-The Lord is allowing my heart to understand and savor His grace more fully. So awesome. I'm learning santification is long and hard, difficult for my sometimes impatient self who wants to change "right now".

That's all I've got.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm dying to see Parks walk. Maybe it'll take a little VA Beach weekend to see him walk?

As far as a Three Year Anniversary getaway, I am thinking Charleston, Savanah, NYC (and Hoboken to visit Carlos Bakery from Cake Boss!), or Annapolis. I'm pulling for one of those cities for our 3 year.

Beverly said...

Love, Love the pictures of Parks--especially with Davedaddy.
Please send me your new address--you will love waking up in your own home Christmas morning.
Happy Holidays
beverly