Friday, July 9, 2010

The Big Reveal: Part I

Hello Blogosphere!

This is Part 1 of the our recent home renovation. We purchased a great 1980s 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch in an awesome part of our town and we got it for a great deal, Praise God! We didn't think we would be buying for quite some time but we found this awesome deal and God make it work!

So the house had great bones, a great layout and was in good working order (unlike our previous house), it was just dated. We felt it was our job to bring it into the 21st century and give it a little love. We replaced all the flooring in the house from carpet to wood laminate. We replaced all the windows. We completely gutted and redid both bathrooms and the kitchen. We repainted the entire house from floor to ceiling. We replaced all the door hardware and 95% of the light fixtures throughout the house (there is still one light that we haven't gotten replaced yet, I'm sure you'll be able to find it :) . Hmmm, I think that's it.

The only pictures that are not going to be in part 1 are the "formal living room" which we will use as an office and the master bedroom and the master bedroom and guest room.

Disclaimer: This is PHASE ONE of our home! There are still little things that need to be done, pictures to be hung and rooms to be accesorized. But, I figured the house is never really "done" so I might as well post now to give you a feel for the transformation.

Enjoy the dramatic transformation!!

THE FOYER BEFORE
THE FOYER AFTER


THE FAMILY ROOM BEFORE
THE FAMILY ROOM AFTER

THE BREAKFAST NOOK BEFORE
THE BREAKFAST NOOK AFTER

THE LAUNDRY ROOM BEFORE


THE LAUNDRY ROOM AFTER
THE KITCHEN BEFORE





HALL BATH BEFORE



HALL BATH AFTER







PARKS' ROOM BEFORE

PARKS' ROOM AFTER





Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about our renovation!


11 comments:

ashley b. said...

Already looks different from when we saw it last. Good work guys!

Megan said...

you guys have done an amazing job!!!

MCD said...

Looks great! How long did renovations take?

Jennifer Lily said...

wow!! we are coming to visit sometime....it looks so wonderful! i will for sure be coming to you for home decorating help :)

mallory said...

Thanks for your comments guys!

MCD- We purchased the house April 14th and moved in at the very end of May, so a little over a month. Most everything was complete when we moved in.

Jackson did all the demo and wallpaper removal himself which saved us a lot of money. He and a friend also laid the floors themselves which again, saved us money but was also more time consuming b/c they worked at night after work. It took a little over a week to do the whole house that way. We hired out the windows, tile, painting and kitchen.

mallory said...

I'm so sorry I accidently "Rejected" 3 comments so if you don't see yours here, it's because I accidently deleted them. Thanks for your comments!

Mary Ann- please re-send me your email, I'd love to chat about your new project. My email is malloryandrews@gmail.com

Grams said...

Great job, Mallory. Thanks for sharing. I know it took a lot of time! The hall bath picture doesn't do justice to your beautiful striped walls.

esther lee said...

Wow! Love the new blog makeover and absolutely LOVE the remodel. You guys did a fantastic job. Did you pick all the new materials and colors yourselves or did you have someone help you with that? Awesome design choices. Very classic!

Virginia said...

I found your blog through my friend Emily and I just saw your renovations as they are amazing! My husband and I are in the middle of doing some work ourselves. I was wondering if you could tell me where you found your adorable kitchen chandelier and the name of the granite in your kitchen (if you remember). Thanks so much and great job on all the hard work!

mallory said...

Virginia- Thanks for your comment! The light in the breakfast area is from shadesoflight.com under "pendant and hanging lights". I love it! It's one of my favorite things in the house.

Our granite is called "Kashmir White". I'm really happy with that too. I wanted to go for a marble look without the marble price :) It's a darker look than marble but I still really like it.

Mallory said...

mallory! i just rediscovered your blog. these renovations are simply amazing! i absolutely love the breakfast nook and all the clean lines and white you used throughout your home. glad to see you are doing well!
-mallory butler