Thursday, July 22, 2010

no words

WARNING: this is a post about poop, read at your own risk

There are no words to describe how I felt today.

I've had a very busy week and I had gotten a little behind in cleaning the house. The bathrooms needed to be cleaned badly. Parks had just woken up from his nap and was in a good mood so I thought I could manage to clean his bathroom with him awake. He played on the floor while I cleaned the tub/shower and after I was done I had a brilliant idea. I put him in the clean tub to play while I finished the toilet, sink and floors.

There I am cleaning the toilet thinking about how well this is going when I hear, "NaNa" (which is what Parks calls me...that's a whole nother post) and then some frantic shuffling around in the water. I turned around and braced myself, he had already assumed "the stance". Bless his little heart, he was taking a dump in my NEWLY CLEANED TUB!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH....

There they were...2 little terds polluting the clear water and bright white tub. And my little nuggy nuggy looking so innocent and clueless.

What do you do?!

Pick up child. Clean him up, put on new diaper. Put child in a safe place so you can clean. Remove "debris" from tub. Proceed to clean tub again (ughh) and sanitize. Sanitize all toys that were in the tub. Come and write about it on the blog!

And that's what my reality is! I feel like parenthood is one giant, never ending lesson in patience. Lord, have mercy!


5 comments:

Grams said...

I'll tell you one worse than that. Our friends bought one of those vacuums that just go all around the house by itself. They turned it on and went to church. The dog pooped on the rug and the vacuum spread it everywhere!

Megan said...

Bahaha! I love Grams comment! Sister Marta, count your double tub scrubbing as a blessing.

Megan said...

haha love it! Once I was downstairs cleaning the kitchen and Dave was bathing noah. Suddenly I heard them both screaming and ran upstairs. Noah had started pooping in the tub so Dave pulled him out and was holding him over the toilet so he would finish pooping in there. Noah was crying and Dave was freaking out. It was hilarious!

Megan said...

haha love it! Once I was downstairs cleaning the kitchen and Dave was bathing noah. Suddenly I heard them both screaming and ran upstairs. Noah had started pooping in the tub so Dave pulled him out and was holding him over the toilet so he would finish pooping in there. Noah was crying and Dave was freaking out. It was hilarious!

ericandlora said...

3rd week with Henry - we're bathing together, all the sudden bubbles... and then baby poop in the bath tub. I have never stood up so fast - heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!

patience, Lord grant it quicker.

: )