Monday, August 2, 2010

baycreek delight


We just got back from an amazing weekend at Baycreek in Cape Charles, Virginia with some of our very best friends, Los Dos Daubertos! It was kind of a joint celebration of our 3 year wedding anniversaries. We got married in May and the Dauberts got married in June 2007. It was only our second time away from Parks overnight and it was the first time we went away for a few days.

It. Was. Awesome. Life changing really.

To be able to just be "me" and just be "us" (as in me and jax) was so refreshing! I found myself thinking, "So this is what it's like to be a normal 24 year old..." I had forgotten! I enjoyed uninterrupted, adult conversations, long leisurely meals and mornings unawakened by "nana...nana...NANA". We're already trying to schedule our next getaway! But of course, there's nothing like coming back to your baby after you've been away! :)

Enjoy the pics of our weekend, lots of them were taken by Michael, our resident budding photographer.






















Monopoly is our "thing" with the Dauberts. We played 2 (very long) games over the weekend and Michael was the victor both times! We think it's a combination of luck and some sort of secret strategy he has. We are determined to dethrone him next time!

4 comments:

MCD said...

What a wonderful vacation! Much needed and deserved!

Megan said...

Those are beautiful pictures of you and Jackson!

Megan said...

All I have to say is, "Cuz I told you once, now I told you twice. We gonna light dis up like its dynamite."

No but we really can't stop wishing we were back there. We stopped at starbucks on our drive back and I nearly cried in the bathroom because I wasn't on Dream Girl.

We love you guys soooo much! Thank you for the best weekend in forever.

Hillery said...

yall are so in love! what a beautiful couple!