Monday, October 18, 2010

an update

I realize my blog has become a total yawnfest and I have to be honest, I have almost completely lost my drive to blog. I know this sounds cliche but things have just gotten so busy that I just haven't had time to blog. Or when I do have time, I'm so tired that all I can do is sit down and watch The Real Housewives of D.C. on DVR and vegetate.

Thankfully, one big reason I've been so busy is going to be over soon. I'm talking about the election, it is now only 2 weeks away! Wooohooo! I am so excited and so ready for it to get here you have no idea. My life will definitely slow down when that is over. I'm going to stop working after that and be home full-time.

Another reason I've been so tired lately is because I'm expecting baby #2! I've already announced this news on Facebook so it's probably not new to most of you. I'm due May 9th and I'm currently 11 weeks. I'm looking forward to that wonderful "honeymoon" phase of the 2nd trimester. We're very excited that Parks will have a brother or sister. Everytime we ask him if he wants a brother or sister he says, "buhda". We'll see.... :)

We are loving our house. I'll have to post a few more pics sometime. I think I still owe you the pictures of the bathroom and bedrooms renovations.

I made something really tasty tonight, or should I say Emeril made something tasty and I followed his recipe. Pork chops with carmelized onion gravy and pecan glazed sweet potatoes. He had me at carmelized onion. I love carmelized onions. It's definitely a winner if you're looking for a tasty pork recipe.


So, does anyone have any advice on how to snap out of a blogging rut?? I'm all ears. Really the question I should be asking is, anybody out there??


2 comments:

Megan said...

At first I thought, "Wow, Parks thinks Nana looks like Buddha! Is Marta really that big already?" But now I realize he is rooting for a "brother." Not a fat god.

And props to you for admitting that you watch DH of DC! Whenever I say that people look me in disgust. I think it's hilarious and fun to watch because it's where I live. Those women are ridic.
Le-a

Claire Helena said...

I'm still checking in and reading your blog! Although sometimes on a delay. However, if someone offers you some good advice on how to get out of that rut, do share!

:) Claire