Saturday, December 11, 2010

the neglected second-born

I can totally see the VAST difference between first-borns and second-borns already. Evidence? With Parks I did a "belly shot" and "pregnancy update" like practically every week on this blog. This baby? Nada, nothing. I figured at 18.5 weeks I should say something about this babe, not to mention I'll want to remember some of this stuff and this blog is the best way to document it. I've loved looking back and reading about my pregnancy with Parks, because it's all too easy to forget little details over time.


So this is me at 18.5 weeks with baby #2. I definitely started showing earlier with this baby. If you'll recall, I looked like a freakshow last pregnancy, even at 20 weeks you could barely tell I was pregnant. Yeah...not this time around. We find out the gender next week! I cannot wait, I kind of felt like it was a girl at first but now I'm not sure. I've been feeling the baby move since 16 weeks which was way earlier than when I first felt Parks move, which I think was around 19 weeks. It's the best feeling and I love getting to experience that again. I'm seeing a group of midwives for this pregnancy that deliver at the Midwifery Center at DePaul hospital in Norfolk and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm going to attempt the au naturale approach again but we'll see. I've learned that the baby decides how it will be born, not you. I am seriously praying though that I do not have another 26 hour long labor. Please, Jesus!

So for now, I'm in that fantastic, glowing, feeling great 2nd trimester phase. It's the best. I plan on enjoying it because I know what's next: large and in charge! I know it will be interesting caring for an active 2 year old with a large basketball belly in the way.

Merry Christmas everyone!


2 comments:

Megan said...

I did the same thing. Micah got one pregnancy shot. I feel so bad because I haven't even a purchased a baby book for him yet. What happens when you have 3? You forget to dress them?

Megan said...

You are too cute! I want to see you guys soon. Keep us posted about January DC trips.