Sunday, April 3, 2011

35 weeks!


Only 5 weeks to go!  I'm soo excited to meet little Reese!  In some ways I cannot believe I'm going to have a daughter.  I'm so used to my little man I have a hard time imagining what having a girl will be like.  All I know is I can't wait to meet my little princess.  So here I am at 35 weeks.  I'm carrying her similar to Parks, like a basketball, but way lower which makes me look a little "thicker" if you will.  My midwife said this is because she is my second baby and there's more "room" down there (yuck).  I used to feel Parks kick up in my ribcage and he gave me more heartburn but Reese is so low she hasn't even come close to kicking my ribs.  It's actually really nice and much more comfortable.  I can still lay on my back and not feel like I'm about to die.  I've gained almost the exact same amount of weight I did with Parks at this point too.

I'm starting my "5-w" herbal supplements this week too!  5-w is a natural herbal supplement that my midwives recommend for preparing your body for labor.  I didn't even know it existed with Parks and I'm really hoping it helps cut this labor time down from the whopping 26 hour labor I endured with Parks.  I'd seriously be thrilled if it was under 20 hours.  Anything is better than 26 at this point.

So here we go, into the final 5 weeks.  My to-do list is dwindling and we are looking forward to enjoying these last few weeks as a family of three with just Parks.  Sometimes I get teary thinking about it being our "last weeks" with "just him".  I think it's the pregnancy hormones.  I know Reese will bring such joy and dare I say, completion to our family : )  Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see... :)

3 comments:

Hillery said...

you look absolutely beautiful! im so thrilled for you

Dana said...

have you asked about red raspberry leaf tea? I drank that and LOVED it. it's supposed to help contractions not hurt as much. I didn't need anything to help me through my contractions. Not sure if it was the tea or not, but I'm sure as heck going to drink it every time. Donna Vinal recommended it to me. Hope everything goes well with this labor/delivery!

Jen Stokes said...

Almost every mom I've ever talked to about it has experienced an emotional reaction to it "not being just him/her." I felt like I was abandoning her by having a second child. One my friends cried the whole way to the hospital on the way to deliver. It's totally normal. And nothing about you looks "thick!" You look beautiful!