Thursday, April 14, 2011

a glimpse at my DVR

I was going through my DVR last night when I realized I am officially a freak.  Being married helps you realize some of your "quirks" or things that aren't necessarily "normal" that you do.  I realize that I like really strange TV as opposed to Jackson who loves popular comedy tv series.  The Office? Boring.  Modern Family? It's ok.  But who wants to watch that when you can watch one of these delights!  What are my current favorite shows, you ask?  Read on!

1.  Sister Wives

I just can't look away.  I watch with my mouth hanging open half the time because I just do not get their lifestyle, but I can't look away.  I'm totally sucked in.  I just don't get how one man can equally love four women, or at least "enjoy loving" them?  I feel like he's got to have favorites, at least for certain things.  Do you get what I'm saying? I just don't get it, but I find it fascinating to watch.  Weird, huh?


2.  Hoarders: Buried Alive

The name of this show was enough to have me hooked.  Buried Alive?!!  Whaaaat?!  Again, I just can't look away.  Once you've seen one episode of Hoarders, you've pretty much seen them all.  But for some reason, I'm usually fascinated by every new case.  


3.  Extreme Couponing

This show is my newest gem.  It debuted a couple weeks ago and it has been sheer entertainment since it aired.  The people on the show are out of control with their couponing ways.  It's hysterical and just plain crazy.  Since I have dabbled a tiny bit in couponing I find it both intriguing and insane the level they take it to. 



So what does this say about me?  I guess I like to watch TV about strange and unusual things! If you are also a fan of these shows, out yourself now!

5 comments:

Megan said...

It's true, look at your DVR to catch a glimpse of what you like! Have you seen "Pregnant in Heels"?? It's on Bravo and is out of control. What about "I didn't know I was pregnant." How does that happen? Or "Toddlers in Tiaras"? Trashy but I can't look away.

mallory said...

Yes, I love Pregnant in Heels and I didn't know I was Pregnant. It's the freakshow reality tv I guess!

allaboutthebrittons said...

Looks like my DVR. Love all three of those!

Laura F. said...

This is the prime reason I do not have cable b/c when we did I watched all these kinds of shows. I felt like I was frying brain cells haha
I think we all have our guilty pleasure shows!

Jen Stokes said...

Oh, my gosh! I have the same obsession with Sister Wives!!! The only 2 shows I watch right now are Sister Wives and Modern Family. It's crazy right?? I had no idea you were obsessed, too, or we would've discussed this when I last saw you. Crazy, right?!?! Yes, he has to have favorites for different things. You can even tell who they are - the one he talks to, the one who cooks best for him, the one who...well, you get it. Crazy!!! But they are likable people, right? Except that he is as mature as a 12-year-old boy. Seriously, we have to discuss this!! (BTW, this might be the longest blog comment ever but I'm excited to learn this about you.)