Sunday, April 10, 2011

neat kids resources

I have discovered a couple wonderful resources to use with Parks that I wanted to share with the blogosphere.


The Village Church in Dallas, TX provides awesome resources for their children's ministry and makes them available for anyone to download on their website.  This site contains great information about ways to make spiritual connections with your child and make talking about God part of your everyday life.  The part I like best is that they do age specific "Developmental Guides".  It's a great thing to print out and stick on your fridge.
http://northway.thevillagechurch.net/preschool/resources

I found this awesome blog called "I Can Teach My Child" that is all about teaching your pre-school age children at home.  It's not really home-schooling it just provides a ton of great information and activities for you to do with your child and skills you can be working on.  It's also broken down by age so you can search for activities to do with your child at whatever age they currently are.  It is written by a Christian mom of two who has her Masters in Early Childhood Education.  If you ever get bored and need some ideas for activities to do with your kids, you will not be disappointed!
http://www.icanteachmychild.com/

That's it, enjoy!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! I love good resources like this. It'll be a while before I can really use it, but I will log it away. Hope Reese is being good to you!