Monday, July 11, 2011

a turn for the worse

**Warning, this another post about #2, read at your own risk**

This is an update from my earlier post "Chamber Pot Days". We have moved on from the Chamber Pot. Normally this would be a joyous occasion where the child realizes he no longer needs the small potty chair and can use the "big potty" just like mommy and daddy, (yay!). We enjoyed this bliss for about 2 days. And then, things took a turn for the worse.

Parks has struggled with "holding it in" with #2's for over a year. I won't go into detail but I think you know what I mean. We have to be very vigilant about making him go or things get ugly and really painful for him. Think hysterical crying and suppositories. Yeah, it's not fun. So when you combine that with potty training things can get tricky.

A couple weeks ago, Parks had another bout of "witholding" and I was getting desperate. He refused to go on the potty and continued to hold it in. Finally in a moment of pure desperation I said, "Parks, would you like to try to go in the grass?"(Parks, like all little boys, loves to pee in the grass in our backyard so I thought maybe he would go #2 there as well). Big mistake! Oh, he went in the grass alright and since then he ONLY will go in the grass. Yes that's right, our child is potty trained like a DOG, an ANIMAL! I let him "out" in our backyard to poop. It's beyond ridiculous. He tells me to "leave" and "go inside" so he can have privacy of course. So there I am, watching him poop from a window inside and then I have to go outside quickly before he touches it and properly dispose of the waste or otherwise our yard would be a minefield.

I feel so bad for our neighbors. Our yard is only partially fenced with a privacy fence so there's no telling what indecency some of our neighbors have seen!

So here we are again, another unforgettable moment of motherhood. All I can say is I hope this is a phase.


6 comments:

Megan said...

Best blog confession ever! Los Dos had a good evening laugh over this one. Poop on Parksie, Poop on.

Jaime said...

This strangely brings me much joy. Viva la reality, sister!! Too much. I promise, it IS a phase, and THIS #2 shall pass.

Boo said...

He has probably watched Moses too much! Let's hope Ms. Virginia (at preschool) doesn't read your blog! :)
I told you one of our boys went #2 behind a big leather chair at his grandparents...they probably wish he'd gone in their backyard.

Neal said...

you're killing me with this post. TOO FUNNY!

allaboutthebrittons said...

Maybe Parks is just one with nature. :)

Nina said...

Mallory -
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I want to email you...can you email me your address? nina@mysongstosing.com
Nina