Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If you don't know...now you know!

Give yourself a pat on the back if you got the shout out to the Notorious B.I.G.  I have recently stumbled upon a few very nifty things that I thought you might want to know.  Let the randomness begin!

1.  How to keep a tile shower clean.  I have struggled ever since I got married to keep our tile showers clean.  I really hate using products like Tilex because of the toxic fumes but I'll be honest, my natural cleaners just weren't cutting it to my satisfaction in this area.  However, thanks to my googling skillz, I found a very simple way to keep it looking like new!  Are you ready?  Wipe it dry with an old towel after every use.  It's a little extra work but it's so worth it, you don't have to scrub anymore. The moisture of leftover water is what helps the mold and mildew breed.  Maybe everyone else knows this but it was news to me.  I've been wiping my shower down and it stays looking perfect, no toxic cleaner needed.  Genius! 




2.  Woodglue is your friend.  How did I not know this until now?  I don't know how I lived before discovering woodglue.  I have been on a gluing spree since I discovered my husband's handy Titebond II.  This will be especially helpful to you if you have wooden toys in your house. What started it all was these wooden toy cars Parks has.  They are "stackable" also known as "frustrating" to a 2 year old boy who want to "zoom" not "stack".  I knew if they were not stackable he would enjoy them much more.  So, woodglue to the rescue!  This is about as DIY as I get so I'm actually very proud of my modified wooden cars:   
 much better!

My next project: A cute wooden frame that Parks painted during art class.  The little stand kept popping out and voila, a little woodglue made it nice and sturdy.  

3.  2 Year Olds Can Ride a Dirtbike (with training wheels)
video

Oh yes, this is happening in our cul-de-sac.  I'm pretty sure our neighbors think we are crazy rednecks.  Oh well! 




1 comment:

Boo said...

Oh, my goodness! Does this mean the next time I take him to the park I have to run beside the dirt bike?