Tuesday, October 18, 2011

It's official...I am a freak.

In case you needed any more evidence that I am a freak of nature...here it is.  I have ordered my first homeschool curriculum and I was way. too. excited. when it arrived.  It's a Pre-K curriculum called "Sing, Spell, Read and Write" that my mom did with us when we were kids.  And hey, I learned to read, right?  It's colors, shapes, numbers, alphabet and some beginner phonics.  It says it's recommended for age 4, and yes, I know Parks is 2 almost 3, but he already knows half the stuff in there so I figure why not casually introduce more?  I'm not about pushing academics too young, but when their minds are sponges, why not fill 'em up? 

 Nearly beside myself with excitement...freak.
 This image thrills my Type A heart, you have no idea. 
My darling pupil.  Lord, help us. 

Who knows what the future holds, but these curriculum boxes alone are enough to make me homeschool.  Love em! 

4 comments:

Megan said...

Bahahaha! I love everything about this post! I love both your face and Parks' face in the last pic. I think some of your excitement transferred to him. But seriously, we did Sing, Spell, Read and Write when we were homeschooled and loved it! I still know all the songs. That's how I learned all the states and capital cities. I'll be expecting a bedtime story read by Parks come NYE :)

Mama Bear said...

Okay, this was SO cute! ;-)

Nina said...

Mallory! I totally got this box of curriculum from a friend last year and used it for Sophia. Mainly because i wanted the A-A-Apple song...we used the letter strips and something else, but mainly listened to this song...you are not alone in your freakishness...I passed it on though because it took up precious closet space. Where do homeschooling parents store everything?

Jenny said...

Thought you'd like this...

http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/08/organizing-head-heart-to-homeschool/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HolyExperience+%28Holy+Experience%29