Thursday, October 20, 2011

wise words

I got to spend some time last night with my dad which I always treasure these days.  He gave me some very wise advice.  Two things that stuck with me:

"The spirit of the leader is the spirit of the pack."  

As a mother, I am the leader of my pack and my children will follow my attitude and countenance.  So much application here, I might put this quote on my fridge.

"Part of being a good parent is being a good actor."  

This had never crossed my mind before but it's so true.  Sometimes you have to act serious when you want to bust out laughing or sometimes you need to put on a cheerful face even when you want to sulk and act 12 years old.

 




1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

It sounds like your Father is a wise man! Gotta love the precious advice that comes from our parents! :)